Launched at the Paris Motor Show, France, in 1964, the 275 GTB was the most advanced Ferrari of the time. Underneath it used the traditional tubular chassis design, but instead of a live axle of de Dion rear, as used in previous Ferraris, it had double wishbones and coil springs at the rear, making it a fully independent suspension car. Also out back was a five-speed transaxle, which evened out weight-distribution very well, making the car beautifully balanced and better, many reckon, than the mighty Daytona. The front-mounted VI2 was a development of the 1947 Ferrari 166 engine, but by this time it was using four camshafts and six twin-choke carburettors on the 275 GTB/4, as pictured here. Four wheel disc brakes were standard and the wheels were Campagnolo alloys, though the ultra-rare 275 GTB/C (competizione) wore Borrani wire wheels.
Ferrari 275 GTB Specifications
|[an error occurred while processing this directive]|