The Walklett brothers - Ivor, Bob, Douglas and Trevor - made their first production car in 1958, and during the 1960s their cars were successful club racers. Their first G4 was sold in 1964 and was remarkably similar to this 1998 version. That first G4 used very lightweight design with a tubular space frame and independent front suspension but a live rear axle, and power came from a 92ci (l,500cc) Ford engine which could get it to 60mph (95km/h) in less than 7 sec. The modern car retained the same chassis layout and independent wishbone front, but with an independent rear wishbone set-up too. Adjustable Spax coil-over-shocks provided good tuneability at each corner. The new G4 also used a Ford engine, this time the ultra modern Zetec unit as fitted in the Focus. Available with either fuel injection or twin Weber carbs, the latter produced the quickest car.
Ginetta G4 Specifications
|[an error occurred while processing this directive]|